The Lessons Reading Group meets every Wednesday from 7:30-8:30 p.m. with group practice of energization exercises at 7. We are currently reading from Lesson Three and the Handbook and Glossary of the new lessons.
As you may be aware, the year 2020 will mark the 100th anniversary of the arrival of our beloved Guru, Paramahansa Yogananda, in the United States. Plans are underway for Self Realization Fellowship to commemorate this momentous historical event with several celebratory activities. As part of this celebration, we are collecting written testimonials from devotees and friends, in our Centers, Groups, and Circles whose lives have been touched by our beloved Guru and his Kriya Yoga path. Specifically, we invite any of the members of our groups to consider the following questions:
1. On this 100th anniversary of the founding of SRF by our Guru, how have Paramahansa Yogananda’s Self-Realization Fellowship teachings affected your life?
2. What does SRF mean to you? What would you want to say about SRF?
3. What does your meditation group mean to you? How do you feel your group and fellow devotees have helped you on your spiritual journey?
4. How has your life changed since you began studying and practicing the SRF teachings?
5. How did you find out about SRF?
6. What is your goal in life and how does SRF help you to find it?
7. Who do you think can benefit from the SRF teachings, and why?
Each written testimonial can be sent directly to email@example.com The final deadline to receive these testimonials is August 31st. These testimonials may be used in the SRF Magazine, the new website, and other locations.
We invite children and teens between the ages of 7 to 18 to the SRF Summer Day Program in Encinitas. This program ushers in an era of training for youth in our Guru’s How-to-Live spiritual principles. With guidance from SRF monastics, teens and children will have an opportunity to deepen their relationship with God, learn SRF techniques of meditation, engage in fun activities and create friendships with spiritually-minded peers. The program also features a “Parents Day” at the Encinitas Temple that will include a class and satsanga given by the monastics on spiritual parenting.
The girls’ week will be June 24-28 and the boys’ week July 1-5. Please visit the SRF website under Youth Services – Summer Day Program.
For those from out-of-town, there are nearby state beach campgrounds and a list of nearby motels is available on the SRF website. We recommend that you make your reservations as soon as possible because accommodations fill up quickly during the summer months.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to call our SRF Youth Services Dept. at 818-549-5160. Scholarships are available for the Summer Day Program.