- Due to the worldwide Coronavirus pandemic, all services and meetings at our church building have been cancelled until further notice.
- We continue to hold local ZOOM meetings every week but you need to contact Virtual Meetings to receive the instructions on how to connect to these meetings.
- Every Wednesday night, unless preempted by special events, we hold the SRF Lessons Reading Group. You need to be an SRF Lessons Student to participate.
- We also hold monthly virtual potlucks on the first Sunday of every month.
- For the latest information from SRF check the SRF blog, which now includes Weekly Online Services and Meditations led by SRF Monastics
- Stay connected and participate in the SRF Online Meditation Group.
- Keep your immune system and your mind strong by right living and anchoring your life in God.
Check our Announcements Page for additional information.
We welcome you to this website of the Minneapolis Meditation Group of Self-Realization Fellowship (SRF). SRF is an international nonprofit religious society founded in 1920 by Paramahansa Yogananda. The society is dedicated to carrying on the spiritual and humanitarian work that he began—seeking to foster greater harmony and understanding among those of all races, religions, and nationalities, and introducing to truth-seekers all over the world his universal teachings on the ancient science of Yoga.
The Minneapolis Meditation Group offers several services weekly. A Readings Service and our Sunday School are held each Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m. We also have a meditation service each Sunday morning from 9:30–10:15 a.m.
In addition, we also have regular 5-hour meditation services on every Saturday morning from 7:00–noon. On the first Saturday, we have a guided meditation from 10 a.m.–noon; and on the last Saturday of the month, we have a kirtan service from 10–noon. On all other Saturday mornings, we have regular meditations from 10:00–noon.
Whether you come to attend a service for the first time just to “get acquainted” or are a regular attendee of our services, we hope that you will find in our chapel a sanctuary of peace where you may realize deeper inspiration and inner guidance for your life’s journey. Know that you are welcome to return as often as you wish.